Mystic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystic Haven

Welcome Friend; to Mystic Haven, one of the last free cities of Norune in the war against the demonic hoards of The Shadow. Come and have some food and drink and enjoy the safety while it lasts...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Box

American Legacy - Chapter 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh

Josh

American Legacy - Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: American Legacy - Chapter 1   American Legacy - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:42 am

Just something I typed up when I was bored one day...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I let out a sigh as my Social Studies teacher, Couch Hutson, taught the class about American History. Couch Hutson was a tall bulky guy who seemed as if he could break a steel bar in two. He believed in punishment for everything, which is why no one hardly ever spoke in his class. He always seemed to talk in a weird way; as if he were in the military. "This class! Is when we won World War II!" he shouted, walking back and forth in front of the entire class. That's when he looked up at the clock, squinting as if expecting something. "Lunch ti..." he had no time to finish before explosions went off everywhere in the classroom, gun fires could be heard. "A school shooting!" someone shouted, jumping under their desk. Couch Hutson stood firmly as he ripped off his suit revealing military equipment and armor. I watched as he tied a camouflage bandanna firmly around his shaved head.

"Ten hut, maggots!" he shouted, his voice commanding and firm. We hesitantly stood up as a chunk of the roof fell behind me, crushing another student with a scream. "We will stand tall! We will fight!" he shouted, I was completely and utterly confused; And by the looks of it, so were everyone else. "Russian and Chinese Forces are invading the U.S! I will explain when we get below the school, now line up outside the door!" he commanded, and so we did, rushing out to get to the hallway. Couch Hutson stood in front of the door way, we were lined up next to him. We looked around and every other class was doing the same thing - all of the teachers dressed in camouflage military uniforms and equipment.

"You will address me as General Eagle!" we all nodded, still a little dumb-founded as to what was going on. He tapped a tile in front of him five times, before placing his foot on it. The bottom of his shoe began to glow, and as we looked around every other teacher was doing the same. Four tiles fell into some sort of hole as my teacher, or general, jumped into the hole. Hesitantly, being at the front of the line, I followed, and behind me everyone else did as well. We slid down a passage way probably two miles deep into the ground until coming into a large underground camp. We were the only ones there, so I assumed that each class had their own. "You children, are the legacy of the United States of America! You were born with special capabilities.

Your reflexes are off the scale, some of you are stronger than others, and some of you were born with a more powerful version of this ability - you will be commanders. We have been watching, and we know." his eyes narrowed as he lit a cigarette placing it in his mouth. "You." he pointed to me, I was only thirteen year old, what could he want me, or anyone else for that matter; it was all too much to take in. "You are one of these. You will be one of two commanders leading a squad of five others." he named my five operatives who would be working under my command. He named the other squad. "Your abilities will come naturally, they may not come soon, but they will come when you need them the most." he pressed a button on the wall next to him as two large weapon racks rose from the ground, one next to the other squad, and one next to my squad. "Your commanders will select which weapons he wants, and which weapons each of you get." I had remained silent for quite a while, so I began to think of what to do.

"Uhhh..." I grabbed a sniper and handed it to one of my operatives. "Your commanding officer will also give you your name, and I will give them their new names." he pointed to me. "Commander Wolf." he pointed to the other commander. "Commander Snake." I hesitated, and kind of liked my new name actually. "Your name is Snipe." I told the operative that recieved the Sniper, I also gave him five fire explosives, a medical kit, and an extra scope. The next guy I gave bazooka that could fit across his back, eight grenades, three explosive packs and detonators, and I named him "Blast." I moved on naming the other three guys "Oozie, Mach, and Shadow." I looked at the remaining weapons and grabbed myself a Smith & Wesson .500 Magnum, Eight grenades, binoculars, and a M240G Machine Gun. When everyone was set, we were given camouflage armor, uniforms, and equipment.

We put it on and were ready for war. Both squads stood at a firm stance, except for most who were quaking in fear. I think I and the other commander were the only ones who weren't scared. As if we had no reason to be scared. We were directed to a large opening that led back up outside and to a helicopter, all of us brave and ready to fight for our country. My squad was first led by me, and we marched out ready for war.
Back to top Go down
Lady Ariah
Council Member
Lady Ariah

American Legacy - Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Legacy - Chapter 1   American Legacy - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Very creative indeed! I could see this making one helluva movie, have you ever thought about writing a screenplay? I look forward to reading more of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamerschoiceradio.com

American Legacy - Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Haven :: The Forgotten Realm :: Archives-
Jump to: