Mystic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystic Haven

Welcome Friend; to Mystic Haven, one of the last free cities of Norune in the war against the demonic hoards of The Shadow. Come and have some food and drink and enjoy the safety while it lasts...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Box

Prisoner of Desires

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

Prisoner of Desires Empty
PostSubject: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Name: Mera

Appearence: She is an angelic beauty, with long raven locks and eyes the color of violets...a beautiful purple-blue. Her features are aristocratic, with high cheek bones, slender chin and nose and full lips. Her body too is molded into a form desired by anyman and envied by any woman with full medium breasts and lush curved hips. But instead of a delicate air to her, there is an air of strength and grace. Her lightly tanned skin is pulled tightly over firm muscles from her way of living in the forests, constantly running and fighting.

Personality: She is normally a calm and collected woman, but does have a sharp wit and even sharper tongue when her temper rises. She is a fierce and strong woman with a spirit as wild as the untamed forests of her home. Should one earn her respect and loyalty they would have a true friend until their last breath, but should that person betray her a more dangerous enemy cannot be found.

Bio: Mera was born among the forest people, or fairies as some call them. Though she does not have wings and is not an inch tall, she does have magical abilities and pointed ears...nothing as long as elves though. And in this world she grew up respecting and loving all of nature, from the plants to the might bear. Her mother was the leader of their village and raised Mera to be strong and able to handle anything thrown at her. And Mera became a very good warrior and hunter for her people. Protecting them from dangers and keeping them safe that is until she found herself captured while bathing in a spring. She was knocked out and never had a chance.

When she woke up she found herself with a solid collar of silver around her neck with a Dark Stone, a stone that is as black as ebony with hints of blood red, a stone used by evil spell casters to hold a Fey prisoner..it cannot be removed by the one wearing it do to the spell cast into its creation. Only the master has the power to do so. Not only does it keep the Fey trapped, it keep them from using their powers unless asked to do so by once again...their master. Most Fey do not live long as slaves, because they can nolonger be apart of nature and it slowly breaks their spirit and when it breaks completely they die.

So of course the man that caught her got a pretty penny for her and the next thing she knows she is on the way to some kingdom be a slave to the king.
Back to top Go down
https://mystic-haven.rpg-board.net
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:58 pm

Mera glared as she pulled roughly from the back of the cart they had brought her in, the man glared back. What a brave soul. She thought. But then anyone would be with a powerless Fey. She kept her face blank of emotion, but the fires that were burning in her amethyst eyes could not be extinguished.

She allowed them to lead her through the grouds of the palace and then into the palace itself. She had been told that court was being held and all the lords and ladies of the area would be in the throne room as well as the king. This was why they were taking her directly there, it was a surprise.

Mera could care less what it was, she had not taste for such things. But her captor had seemed very pleased about it the surprise part. She had wondered about it but long because they had yanked her out of her cage to begin preparing her for this.

Her long hair was lose down her back and had been brushed to a silky sheen, for an effect flowers had been strung about the wavy locks. What was with people thinking her kind wore flowers in the hair all the time? She then and been placed in a skirt that was made of many sheer shiny silk scarves that moved about her legs as she walked like waves at the shore. However it was slit from hem to hip on both legs, showing off the long lean legs as she walked. She wore no shoes so her feet were bare, but she had silver anklets that jiggled as she walked. The top was a brazier that covered and pushed her breasts up, with two sheer purple straps to cling to her upper arms. This left her stomach and shoulders bare and of course her collar was around her neck.

They had gone out of their way to polish her for this first appearence, but she was a slave and had no doubt she would be in rags by the end of the day. So as they stopped before the doors to the throne room she raised her chin proudly and took a deep breath before she was lead by the rope around her wrists forward to meet her new master.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 pm

The man leading her stopped as a small man who represented her captor went forward. "Your Highness, sorry for the intrusion but I have brought a gift that I was told to deliver to you personally." He bowed and then came and grabbed the lead from the muscles of the two. He walked her forward and made a great show of her, she wanted to rip his heart out.

Mera could hear the rustling as the nobles found something to their interest finally in the day and murmers but she ignored it all and her mask never slipped to reveal the outrage beneath the calm, collected manner. She took in the king, he was handsome and strong that was easy to tell just in one glance. With his rich brown hair and sapphire eyes, eyes that were as cold and hard as the gem they reminded her of. But she could sense the danger to this man as well, it rolled off him in waves and she just stared out him...never breaking eye contact.

"This woman is a Fey." All the more noise and excitement from the on lookers. "She was captured bathing in a spring and was bought the moment she went up for sale for you my King."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Mera smirked as the man ran off like a scared rabbit but turned her attention back to the king, the smirk gone. "My name is Mera" She answered simply.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm

Mera raised one slender brow at the king but turned without further words and followed the maid. As far as she knew, slaves normally didn't end up in the castle...unless it was the kitchens. For the most part they remained in the servant quarters with the servants. Though those people actually get paid and have lives, my life is over. She reminded herself.

As they walked through the corridors she could catch glimpses of the trees and the mountains in the distance and her heart ached. She was so far from home, and they would have no idea what happened to her. One of the things about the powers of the collar...your link to your people was lost. Another reason she felt so a lone, her link had never been cut before.

Finally the maid stopped infront of a large door and opened it before stepping inside. Mera followed her in, her eyes seeing clearing the dim room as the maid made her way to the windows were she opened the curtains of the two massive windows that went from floor to ceiling with window seats in each. In the middle of the windows were two glass doors leading out onto a terrence. A massive canopy bed on a dais was to her right and a large sitting area with a fire place and chairs was to the left. Armoires were here and there for clothes. There was a door on the far side of the fire place and when the maid saw her looking told her it was to the bathing chamber.

Mera did not let her surprise show. She had never been in a city or a palace before, she could not believe they bathed inside. She then turned to the maid who starting leaving the room. "Surely this is not where I am staying?"

"This is what the king wanted, you are in the family wing of the palace. You are the only one in this wing and should be left alone until his highness comes to get you." With that she left and Mera heard the door lock from the outside, so she was trapped in this room huh?

"Well at least I have a veiw." She said to herself as she went and sat in one of the window seats looking out past the city to the world she knew. Some where in there she fell asleep with her back against the wall and her knees pulled up against her.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:06 am

Mera did not stir as she continued to sleep, in her dreams she was back home in the hot spring. Enjoying the way the warm waters relaxed her tense and sore muscles from the hunt she had just returned from. It had been the anual hunt for the Snow Deer, a very large and fast creature. It was only hunted once a year and the pelt was always given to a woman of one of the hunters. This year it was going to Enya, Lonel's bride to be for her wedding gown. And Mera could not be happier.

The sun was bright down on her and the trees sang around her, a beautiful song only heard by those who cared to listen. Birds sang along with it and some where near by she could hear a fox playing with her kit. It was truely a peaceful day.

So into her dream was she, that she was not aware that the king had entered the room, nor that he was approaching her.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:26 am

Finally something was screaming for her to wake up and her eyelashes began to flutter before opening. It took her but a second to focus and she sat up and away from him, as far as she could go with her back against the wall. She watched him with one raised brow, not knowing how long she had been asleep or how long he had been sitting there.

"Your Highness." She finally said.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:57 pm

She nodded her head once. "Well thanks to this collar around my neck my abilities are gone. I can still work with animals though and I can heal. But that is about it. I was a hunter in my village and a warrior. I can be a guard but you would have to trust me."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Mera rose to her feet. "And I hope you have something to wear, that is unless you want me bare foot and clothed in silk?" She asked, her voice heavy with sarcasim.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Mera lifted her brow but said nothing else. Why the hell is he keeping me in the castle? She asked herself. But she shook herself from her thoughts and went to the wardrobe and opened it...her lip sneered as she saw the gowns and went to the other one and was glad to find just tunics and blouses. There were some skirts in there and she grabbed a soft leather skirt dyed dark brown and a white blouse with a dark brown sleeveless tunic to go over it.

After about two hours she looked at her handy work. She had used some scissors she had found in with some sewing stuff and cut the skirt so that it ended right above her knees with slits up either side to her hip. Then she had taken the blouse and put the sleeveless leather tunic over it. With the off the shoulder blouse it showed a lot of cleavage but nearly as much as it would without the tunic. She had also cut the middle off the tunic and blouse showing her toned stomach. The final touch was a pair of dark leather boots that laced up to her knees. It was not what she would like, but it worked. She then unclothed and slid undressed into bed and snuggled under the fur coverlets. Morning would be here soon enough. And then she let herself drift into a light sleep.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:44 pm

Mera slowly came awake to the sound of birds outside and she stretched lazily, it was not until she opened her eyes that she remembered she was not in her own bed in her hut. She took a deep breath and blew it out before sitting up and looking towards the windows. It was a beautiful day...it did not suit her new life. It should be dark and raining.

She was just about to climb out from the blankets when a the chambermaid from before came walking into the room. She assumed this was the Michelle the king had mentioned last night. She watched as the girl came in humming to herself and went and stroked the fire. It was not truly cold but there was a small chill to the morning air. "Do you do this every morning?" She asked.

Michelle jumped and whirled around to face the bed where the voice had come from. She placed a hand over her heart. "You scared me!" She exclaimed, then as she watched the woman get out of bed she turned away quickly.

Mera raised a slender brow and then caught on to what was bothering the girl. She grabbed a silk robe laying at the foot of the bed and put it on. "You may turn around now."

Michelle did so, a faint pink still to her cheeks. "Sorry miss, it's just that I am not used to seeing other women so-"

"Naked." Mera supplied.

"Yes." She blushed again a little more. "Sorry again miss."

"There is no need to apologize." Mera sat down on one of the couches near the fire. "Tell me, how long have you worked here?"

The maid went back to building the fire back up and it was then that Mera noticed the tray the girl had brought in. She lifted the lid and aromas of delicious sausages and eggs and warm bread with honey came to her.

"Well, I have worked here since I was ten. I started in the kitchens and have worked my way up to Chambermaid, exspecially now that his highness hosts court more these days. But I am sixteen now so it works."

"And the king, he is fair?" She asked around a mouthfull of bread.

"Oh yes miss. You will like it here very much. And when you earn his trust it will get better. Many slaves have been freed in the past." Michelle sat down when Mera indicated for her to.

"I am sure they were human slaves." Mera said.

"Well..yes." She then looked at her. "Are you really a Fey?"

Mera pulled her raven locks back to show the long points of her ears and smiled when the girl gasped. "I would show you a trick with the fire if I could use my magic."

"You can't?" She asked.

Mera tapped the collar around her neck. "This stone prevents me from doing so and I cannot remove it, only the one called my master can."

"That seems cruel."

"It is the only way to keep a Fey captive. But as a Fey I have to agree with you." She smiled at the girl.

"Well I had better be off, Mia will be wanting her breakfast, her hair brushed and a bath drawn." She sighed and rose.

"Word to the wise miss, stay clear of Mia. She will make your life hell." And with that she left the room.

Mera simply finished her own breakfast, went into the bathing room and could not figure out why the woman Mia could not draw her own bath and then dressed. With her hair pleated neatly down her back and the outfit she had made the night before she followed her ears and her since of smell towards the King's chambers and knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:58 pm

Mera did and closed the door behind her before walking over to his sitting area. She noticed he did not have a shirt on and that to go with his good looks he had a strong and sculpted body as well. "You said I start today, but I have no idea where to report to." She stated simply.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Mera nodded her head and even though her abilities were held in check, the stone could not stop her empathy. She had not known him but a day...he was the man holding her against her will...and normally she would careless...but the amount of sorrow and stress she felt coming from him was too much.

She walked closer and placed her hand on his shoulder. "I am sure it will be fine." She said, but while she spoke she was secretly absorbing his stress, the sorrow was to deep for her to take. At least she had tried.

She then turned and left the room in search of the stables. Stables she could do, but horses were not unicorns nor wilds, she would have to keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 am

Mera reached the stables and instantly all colors appeared above the stall doors as the horses stalk their heads out to be greated. She took her tame, stroking a muzzle or patting a cheek in hello, getting a feel for each horse. They were certainly fine animals, each with a shinny coat and thick manes and tails. She was just finishing with the last horse when a commotion outside caught her attention.

She went out side and saw in the larger corral a massive black stallion, pawing the sky with his ears flat against his skull. The challenge he was issuing was being ignored by the two men holding on to the ropes around the stallion's neck for dear life. A short woman wearing breeches and a sleeveless blouse stood with her hands on her wide hips watching the scene.

Mera saw one of the men fall, he was a boy really, and watched as the stallion dropped down and started to rear up again to crush the small thing beneath his hooves. Mera lept the fence in one smooth motion and jumped in front of the boy with her hands up.

"Whoa now!" She called to the stallion.

He instantly fell to the ground and stilled, even if his ears were still laid back and his tail swished in agitation. He was calm. Mera nodded once and walked forward.

"I wouldn't do that miss." The woman warned.

Mera snorted at the same time the stallion did which made her smile as she held a hand out. The stallion smelt her before blowing warm air over her hand and stepping forward into her touch. She carefully ran one hand up over his cheek while the other was being gently nibbled on.

"There now brother." She said softly. "No one is going to harm you."

I do not like the ropes. He spoke to her in her mind.

"I know, if you hold still I will remove them."

He nodded his head once and she quickly bent and removed the ropes from around his neck, tossing them away. As she was coming up she noticed blood flowing down the ebony coat on his left leg and shook her head. "I could use some healing slauve if you have any." She told the man staring at her with wide eyes.

He nodded and took off back towards the stables to get it. Mera rose then and patted the stallion's cheek again. "See, all better. And I am going to fix your leg as well."

He lifted it softly before placing it back down. They dropped a post on me this morning when they unloaded me.

Mera nodded. Then she turned to the woman staring at her with questioning eyes. "You are Martha?" She asked.

"Yeah, and I guess you would be the new Fey slave."

Mera nodded before continuing. " I am to work with you with the animals on the grounds. But can you tell me what you are doing wtih a Wild?"

"He was brought in as a gift for the Duke's daughter. Lady Mia. That one has been throwing a fit for a large stallion befitting her."

"No human should ride a him, nor will they. He will never allow it." The stallion whinnied in agreement. "He is of blood to the mystical unicorns. Only the Elves have the right to ride them."

"And you of course." Martha added.

It was true that the Fey could ride both the Unicorns and the Wilds, but that was because they treated the might beasts as brethren and not slaves of labor. "Yes, this is true." She was pushed from behind by the stallion then and she wrapped her arms around his neck as he rested his head on her shoulder. Which was quite a weight being that he was two times the size of draft horse. "But I would inform the Duke that to put his daughter on this stallion would be to cause her death."

Martha laughed, "Oh yeah, that will go over real well. The Duke would have him put down first."

Mera felt her anger start to rize. "It would be like a human to put something to its death because it will not bend to their will."

Martha held her hands up in surrender. "You don't have to tell me, I believe that better then any. But do you suppose we do?"

Mera knew she could sneak out here and release the stallion, but she doubted he would leave her now. She sighed, "I suppose I could try and talk to the king."

"Sure you could try, good luck getting his attention."

"I will get his attention." She stated matter of fact.

She was unware she was being watched while she said this though.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:50 am

Mera had just finished bandaging the leg when she the stallion started pawing the ground and flaring his nostrils. She looked up and her own guard flew up instantly at the sight of the woman standing at the fence.

She was tall, but nearly as tall as Mera with aristocratic features, high cheeks with a slender slightly up turned nose, puckers lips and a rounded chin. Thick dark lashes surrounded silver eyes that were narrowed at Mera at the moment. Her thick brown locks were piled in a bunch of curls upon her head with a few tendrils curled about her face and large breasts.

"What are you doing with my horse?" She demanded.

"I am fixing the injury to his leg." Mera answered. She was aware of the stallion leaning on her again and began stroking his cheek in a reassuring manner.

"That you put there no doubt."

"Actually it was like that when I arrived, but you can believe what you want. Makes no difference to me."

Her hands flew to her hips as she glared even harder at Mera. Mera sighed and waited for what was coming next.

"You are a slave and will not address me in such a manner. You will do as I say or I will have you whipped!" She hissed.

Mera laughed, a musical and clear sound that seemed to flow on the air. The stallion even shook his mane and neighed loudly, throwing in his own laughter. "I am not your slave, I belong to the King and I seriously doubt he will have me whipped."

"You will belong to me when we are married and then we shall see."

"Caution woman, for the one to spill Fey blood will be cursed until their last breath is drawn." It was an age old curse and Mera spoke it well.

Mia ignored the chill that swept over her skin as the purple eyes staring at her seemed to glow even more and she raised her chin another notch. "You will have my stallion ready to rise by this evening. I wish to ride him tonight in the Summer Feast, is that understood slave?"

"Of course." Mera said, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Good." And with that she turned on her heel and stalked off.

Mera shook her head. "That woman wants to break her neck, well its no problem of mine." Mera told the stallion and then turned to Martha who came walking up.

"Stay clear of that one's anger child. She will have you strung up and whipped like a common criminal before you can blink."

"I am not scared of her. She is like the rock-snake...it puffs up and makes itself look dangerous but really it is all show."

Martha chuckled. "Well it should prove to be interesting. Now come on, leave that stallion to graze, I have a mare going into labor and I could use your touch."

Mera nodded and after saying farewell to the stallion she followed. Her and Martha had already grown quite close throughout the morning. And she looked forward to working with her.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 am

"Well done Lass!" Martha exclaimed.

"It was nothing, really Martha." Mera said as she pushed her sweat dampened hair away from her forehead.

"Now now, I have never seen someone help ease the mare's pain with a few star flower petals, and you saved the second colt's life. This is one of the King's prized mares and those colts are the brood of his personal stud. He will be might happy that the second one lived thanks to you reaching right up in there and pulling him out. Never saw anything like that before. Normally you just grab the hoofs and pull, hoping the fellow doesn't suffocate before then."

Mera smiled, "Well both look fine and healthy, as does their mother." She watched as the silvery-gray mare with white mane and tail cleaned her two colts. One was all gray like his mother but white socks on every leg and the other was pure white with silver socks. They were the perfect twins.

She looked out and saw that the sun was just touching the mountains and she sighed. "I had better get that stallion saddled. If that fool woman wants to try I can't stop her."

"Well, let us hope you don't get blamed for her foolishness." Martha said and with a pat on the shoulder helped Mera carry the tackle out.

Mera talked the stallion into letting her put the heavy stuff on but refused to use a bridle with a bit, instead she used a hackamore, no nasty metal in his mouth. It was then that she saw the king and Mia come walking down the path along with several of the other nobles and she sighed again.

"Here we go Martha." She said.

"Oh yes, the parade of silks. That is what I call it. They all ride their horses to the city square and host the events for the Summer solstice."

Mera was stroking the stallion's neck. "Human's celebrate that too?" She asked rather surprised.

Martha chuckled. "Of course Lass. No get ready, and don't worry we have a spare mare ready for thelady."

Mera did not miss the slurr on lady and kept herself from laughing just as the party arrived.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Mera watched as the foolish woman came foward a smug look on her face and Mera could stand it no longer. She braced herself, her legs shoulder width apart and her hand so tight on the reins her knuckles were white.

"You if you try to mount this stallion you will get hurt." She said.

Mia glared. "I will not take threats."

"It is no threat, humans are never meant to ride him or any of his kind. Only those with a like magic and purity in their hearts can. This is the rules past down from the gods. Again I warn you not to mount this stallion."

Mia got close into Mera's face, it did not bother her infact she felt it was pathetic. But the stallion's ears pressed back once more and she stopped one enormous furred hoof down.

"Do your job slave and hold him. I will not have you telling me that I am not meant to ride him but you are. You will never do anything but clean up after him, that is your life now. Now hold him still." She demanded.

Mera clenched her job but did as she was told. She talked to the stallion and tried to calm him as the woman put her foot in the stirrup and pulled herself up. She had just made it in the saddle and given Mera a look of smugness and spurred her heels into him to get him to go. That was all it took.

The next events happened so fast Mera could not stop it. The stallion had already been stamping and flicking and gnashing the air with his teeth. His instincts making him ignore Mera's whispered words, but the moment her heels went into his flanks he reared up and trumpeted his cry to the sky. The lady was unseated falling hard to the ground when the stallion bucked at the men that ran forward and then kept rearing and stamping his hoof, now facing Mia and only inches from her terrified face.

The men started charging at the horse with their spears but Mera jumped between them. She felt one of the blades slice her upper right arm but she ignored it as she glared at them. With Mera in his sights the stallion calmed and placed his head once more on her shoulder. She placed her left arm underneath his head to rest it on his cheek while the other lay lightly on the tip of his muzzle. She glared at them, daring them to come forward.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:25 am

Martha shook her head sadly. "You warned that stubborn woman, and she didn't listen. Now it sounds as if you will get the brunt of his anger."

Martha turned to Mera who was watching after the group as the left. The stallion and her were still in the same stance, the only difference was the flowing from the deep gash in her arm. "Come now lass, lets get that beast into his stall and your arm cleaned up."

Mera finally looked down, she had forgotten that the spear had gotten her and with her magic blocked she could not heal herself. She sighed and followed the stallion telling her he was sorry and her telling him it was all right.

Hours later she was pacing her room, not being able to settle down until the King had come and talked with her. She had not meant to cause problems, but it did seem to be in her nature. Every sound outside her door made her pause, her heart beating quickly. When it was not him she would let her breath out and continue pacing. She had still not changed or cleaned up from the day. Her skirt and shirt were tainted with her blood and her braid was coming lose around her. And this was the mess that greeted the king when he finally arrived.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Mera whirled around to face him, her feet once more shoulder width apart and her hands balled into fists at her sides, fire flashing in her eyes.

"You think I care what you want to do to me?" She demanded. "You have kidnapped me from my people and my home to bring me here to kiss your asses, whatever you could do to me will not faze me and should you think death will scare me, let me tell you now that it wont. I would accept death with honor compared to this."

She was pacing again, like an angry caged animal. "I warned that ingnorant woman what would happen. A Wild is not to be ridden by humans, would you have expected me to put her on a Unicorn if she demanded it?" Mera did not wait for his answer. "The gods made the rules not me, that stallion might have considered it if that woman had been pure of heart...but guess what that woman is as vile as a hobgoblin's face! And I could give a rat's ass if she is to be your queen or not. You want loyalty and respect? Get from your own kind and stop enslaving mine!"

The stone in her collar was glowing red, a sure sign that in her anger her powers were trying to surge but the gem would not allow it. And she ignored the burning against her skin from it trying to do so, instead she let it fuel her anger.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Mera glared at him. "I may not know much, but you cannot tell me how this feels." Before he could move she stalked forward and placed her hand on his chest.

Images of her home and the power and freedom of being a Fey slammed through him. The burning pain of her freedom being stripped away and the physical pain that could not be discribbed that were already slowly eating at her soul.

She grit her teeth against the pain the stone was causing by burning into her skin, but it was worth it. Finally when she knew her point had gotten across she ripped her hand away sending her to her knees weak from fighting against the stone.

"Do you see now?" Her voice was raspy and tired as well as filled with pain. "I may not know what torture you are talking about or about being prisoner to my mind, but I assure you that by the end of the year...I will be in a far worse prison then you could imagine. You know what it feels like to be a Fey now, the freedom, the peace and the magic that flow through you keeping you apart of the very world we live in. You are the only human in the world to know now..."

She closed her eyes, trying to gather her strength back. "I might be dying already in this body, but I would never do anything to purposely hurt a human...exspecially when the life of one of my brethren could have been killed if you had not stopped it."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Mera collapsed now that he was gone from her room. She cursed herself for using her magic, she would be weak for the rest of the night and would feel like she had been run over by a heard of Unicorns in the morning.

She sighed and carefully rose and made her way to the bathing chamber where she stripped from her clothes and lowered herself into the steaming waters to relax and regain herself. It was against her own laws to have showed that to the King, no human was supposed to know what that felt like...but at least now he knew that she truely had done nothing wrong.

She closed her eyes as she laid her head back, letting her thoughts flood her mind. It was several hours later when she rose from the still hot waters and after drying off put on a silk purple night gown, it was thin strapped and low cut in front and crissed crossed in the back showing the lightly tanned flesh and flowed about her legs with every step. She opened her balcony door and went out brushing her hair, staring out at the landscape beyond. The air was warm and only one in a while did a light breeze catch her silky hair and blow it gentle along with her skirt. The night was peaceful and she tried to draw from it to silence her worries.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Mera had finally gone to sleep and had woken up early. After making another outfit in the same design as the previous one, only in black. She made her way down to the stables and was greeted by all the horses including the stallion who was eager to get his pats. Mera gladly leaned into him, her head resting against his neck as she closed her eyes and breathed in his scent. He smelt like wood and fresh straw and oats along with the faint sweeter smell of their home lands.

"My sweet brother, you and I are both trapped here aren't we?" She asked him.

We could run away, I am faster then their horses

Mera chuckled. " I have a Dark Stone around my neck. I can't leave, but you could. I could get the king to release you." She said.

He whinnied, I won't leave you.

She patted his cheek, "I figured you would say that. So I guess this means we are bonded, what is your name?"

Teirgan. He replied.

"Well then we are in this together." She then said goodbye and went and found Martha checking on the new colts and their mother.

"Ah, I was wondering when you were going to show up. We have the other animals to check on today. The hounds, the birds, and of course the livestock and critters that wonder into the grounds."

"You take care of them all?"

Martha laughed. "Yes I do. Surprised?"

Mera nodded, "From what I have heard and seen with humans, animals are normally not on their care list."

Martha nodded, "Sadly that is true. But I love the animals and if I don't take care of them no one will. But enough of that, lets get going."

Mera nodded. "Let's get going."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Mera had just finished checking on a family of deer that wondered the palace gardens when she felt a pang go through her chest. She rose slowly and listened to the wind around her, she knew Martha had just stopped feeding a carrot to one of the deer and was watching her closely.

"What is is?" She asked, worry in her voice.

Mera simply gestured for her to be quiet and continued to listen, from a little sparrow on a ledge she learned there was a man sneaking into the upper window and to the upper layers of the throne room. Mera turned to Martha.

"Martha, give me the knife in your boot."

"I don't think-"

"There is no time to think!"

Martha shrugged and tossed her the blade. "Hope you stay out of trouble."

"I will just get to the nearest guard and let them know some one is trying to get to the king, go quickly!" She called over her shoulder as she took off running for the palace. She still had her speed and her agility, even with the stone. Those had nothing to do with magic, just her race.

She saw the large oak and knew that is where the man had climbed up, and leaping into the first branch and swinging herself up, it took her but a few seconds to make it up. She saw the opened window and hugging the wall and the knife ready, walked into the castle. She could see the attacker in the shadows and soundlessly made her way up behind him.

Her blade was to his throat before he could let the arrow lose that was intended for the king's heart. "Is that the best you got?" She asked in his ear.

The man tried to struggle but could not break the hold the woman had on him. So he did the only thing he could, he used his arms to grab the knife in his belt and slammed it back. He was rewarded with a hiss from, but then his head smashed into the collum he had been hiding behind. He began to see stars but his torture was far from over because in the next motion he was being held tightly and falling through the air. He thought she had thrown him to his death still he felt a jar grow this his body and gasps of shock.

He cracked his eyes open and was relieved to find he was not dead, but that ended the moment his eyes met the ice cold sapphire eyes of the king that he had just tried to kill. And he was till in the woman's grip until she threw him to the foot of the stairs leading up to the throne.

He turned to see who had grabbed him and his eyes went wide. It was the Fey slave he had just two days before. She wore the slit back leather skirt, and black vest over a low off the shoulder white blouse. Her stomach was showing from where it had been cut and blood was flowing freely from beneath the bandage that was around her upper arm and more was flowing over her stomach from the stab wound he could see just below her ribs on the left side and her eyes were burning even brighter with rage then before.

"I believe he was trying to give you a message, but this one I doubt you would have wanted." She tossed his bow and arrow to the ground next to him.

The man turned back and swallowed hard, he doubted he was going to live very long to regret taking this job...
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Mera did so, her vision was already beginning to get fuzzy but she put a good show on. She kept her mask in place and could have hooped and hollared for herself when she did not faulter as she went to the king. However she knew that the wound was deep, the blade had been buried to the hilt, all three inches when she had pulled it free.

"Yes milord?" She asked in a casual careless voice.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Mera never made it to the healers, at least not on her own. She had bled to much from her arm and stomach. And from using her magic last night against the stone...her energy had all ready been used. She had felt herself falling into darkness and had known that the guard Crystal and a male guard had caught her from hitting the floor, but the last thing she knew she was in the man's arms.

Martha had come as soon as she had heard and paced at the foot of Mera's bed. The healers had cleaned the wound each saying how as a Fey the girl should have been healed all ready. She was pale and feverish, it was obvious her body was not used to having a life threatening wound. But what scared Martha the most was the fact the girl was unconsious. She was stitched up with silver oak leaves over the top to prevent infection, something that Mera had just told Martha earlier that morning while patching up a cow and changing the stallion's bandage.

Martha sighed and finally could take it no more, she turned to Crystal who had remained by. "You might as well go get him, I am afraid she will not be waking up soon."

"If at all." One of the healers said as she tsked as the wound bled through the bandage all ready. "I can't get the bleeding to stop, he must have punctured an organ." She said sadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner of Desires
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Haven :: The Forgotten Realm :: Archives-
Jump to: